Good neighbours, great service
We have a board of trustees who are responsible for the finances and management of Neighbourcare
Clients and volunteers have a list of the recommended donations for the drives undertaken
Good Neighbours Support Service
We work with the Good Neighbours Support Service (GNSS). This was established in 1976 and is supported by the Church of England. It is a unique service that is funded by local councils and the NHS clinical commissioning groups.
- advice to the elderly who need help with every day living
- a wide range of services such as befriending
- publications, conferences and training events for Neighbourcare volunteers
- sample policies and procedures
- website promoting GNSS services and local groups in the Network: www.goodneighbours.org.uk
Arranging jobs for drivers - Simple, Clear, Honest.
The client will telephone the office and give the date and time of their medical appointment.
The Office will then find a volunteer who can do the job and give the job a number
Donations are placed in the brown envelopes provided and the job number recorded on the envelope
Drivers are provided with job sheets and expenses claim forms. Expenses claim forms should be returned to the treasurer regularly and at least every three months as cheques and tokens can date.